Hi all,
I'm looking for inspiration.  We work with a large number of student
athletes here at USF.  The feedback we've gotten from athletic dept.
advisors is that our courses really make a difference in the athletes'
reading and study habits.  Now I've been asked to develop a series of three
workshops for the beginning of the semester to focus on notetaking skills,
time management and test prep. I'm looking for interactive activities that
will get the information across in a meaningful way and keep them involved
in doing rather than listening.  I've done workshops for them in the past
but always felt dissatisfied with what I perceived they got from the
experience. The student athletes can be a hard group to keep interested and
focused in an evening workshop, so appealing to their kinesthetic,
team-oriented, and competitive strengths is something I would like to do
more of this time around.  I would appreciate hearing of any of your
experiences and will gladly share what I finally develop.  Thanks, Linda

Linda S. Evans, Ph.D.
Director, Reading & Learning Program
SVC 2124
4202 E. Fowler Ave.