Linda,

I don't know what your tutoring time is, but I have a great time
management activity that is very eye-opening!

Challenge students to track what they do in 15 minute increments for
three (or more) days!  Ask them to carry a notebook and pen with them
everywhere and every fifteen minutes record the time and what they are
doing. Or they can list the time in fifteen-minute increments and fill
in what they are doing as they go.  Then ask students to share what they
spent the most time doing.  I also have information about four ways
people spend time if you are interested in having students analyze how
they spend time.

I have done this exercise with my composition classes right before
assigning the research paper to give them a real sense of planning and
to halt procrastination. I also keep a log myself and share it with my
classes!  it's a hoot!

Annmarie Chiarini
Academic Learning Center Coordinator
Liberty Main 152
www.alc_bccc.homestead.com/home.html

> The best garment is the garment of marriage. It requires that a
husband and wife should be as garments for each other. Just as garments
are for protection, comfort, show and concealment for human beings, so
should husbands and wives be for one another.