AnneMarie,
I would be interested in seeing your analysis material for time usage.  I
used to do something similar to your log.  I never told students the total
number of hours in a week.  There were times when their activities added to
far more than 168.  At 08:47 AM 8/11/00 -0400, Annmarie Chiarini wrote:
>Linda,
>
>I don't know what your tutoring time is, but I have a great time
>management activity that is very eye-opening!
>
>Challenge students to track what they do in 15 minute increments for
>three (or more) days!  Ask them to carry a notebook and pen with them
>everywhere and every fifteen minutes record the time and what they are
>doing. Or they can list the time in fifteen-minute increments and fill
>in what they are doing as they go.  Then ask students to share what they
>spent the most time doing.  I also have information about four ways
>people spend time if you are interested in having students analyze how
>they spend time.
>
>I have done this exercise with my composition classes right before
>assigning the research paper to give them a real sense of planning and
>to halt procrastination. I also keep a log myself and share it with my
>classes!  it's a hoot!
>
>Annmarie Chiarini
>Academic Learning Center Coordinator
>Liberty Main 152
>www.alc_bccc.homestead.com/home.html
>
>> The best garment is the garment of marriage. It requires that a
>husband and wife should be as garments for each other. Just as garments
>are for protection, comfort, show and concealment for human beings, so
>should husbands and wives be for one another.

Marge Nikpourfard
Chair,  Humanities  Division
Hagerstown Community College
11400 Robinwood Drive