From:   Connor, Jessica [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Monday, August 14, 2000 9:37 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Tutoring policies

We are considering implementing a new policy in our academic support center
barring our writing tutors from tutoring the students they also teach in
their own writing classes.  It is sort of a gray area for us, and we are
not
sure if implementing such a policy would be too rigid or whether it is
absolutely necessary.  Is this an issue for anyone else?  How have you
dealt
with it?

Thanks.

Jessica Connor
Coordinator of Developmental Writing
Nova Southeastern University, Academic Services
(954) 262-8351