Thanks to all who responded to my request for activities for workshops for
student-athletes.  I'll be working on the workshops for the next couple of
weeks and will make available what I develop.  The book Study Skills for
Student Athletes by Walter Pauk is very good and I'm considering how it
might be used in some way now or in the future.

I have a question on another topic: Do any of you use portfolio assessment
for reading or know of literature regarding its use for this purpose?  I
have used it for writing and other content topics, and understand its use
quite well in those arenas.  We also use reader response to self-selected
novels in our reading classes.  I looked through the LRNASST archives and
didn't find a previous discussion.  Any insights you could give me would be
appreciated.

Linda S. Evans, Ph.D.
Director, Reading & Learning Program
SVC 2124