0100,0100,0100Linda: In the notetaking dept., I've demo'd my own experiences on overheads-----never actually did it interactively, but it sure could be done: Type out a paragraph from a typical dense college textbook, ie. I did A & P. Distribute copy to class. 1. Ask students to just read passively. Cover. Ask questions. (You'll get few answers) 2. Return paragraph. Now ask them to "highlight" or underline. Repeat. (Still little retention) 3. Return to paragraph. Now ask them to take some "exact copy" notes. Some improvement. 4. Last repeat: Ask them to DRAW AND/OR TRANSLATE INTO THEIR OWN WORDS. Memory improves tremendously. This makes the notetaking process a learning experience because they are "processing" the information. Elaine Wright, Univ. of Southern Maine <<[log in to unmask]>