What you have going on here is a tutor with "inside information." I
can certainly understand Jessica's discomfort, since at the
extreme, her tutors working w/ their own classroom students could
be functioning in a sort of dual "tutor job-faculty office hours"
capacity. On the other hand, Maggi points out that tutoring is
tutoring, ie. the goal really is to help students. I think I would
personally allow my tutors to work with their own students, much
as SI leaders do, but just not give over too much "inside"
information, ie. lecture note supplement, interpretation of
directions, assigned readings, etc.  I would not want, for example,
an absent-from-class student seeking out my tutor-instructor for
what was missed in class.  But, if the student is sincerely seeking
help for writing strategies, this techer-tutor should help. Meet with
your tutors and have your teaching-tutors discuss the ethics of this
very interesting question before changing or setting policy. Good
issue for discussion!