Karyn,

You may want to check out distanceed.com

They have a MATH discussion forum, which includes math symbols to click on to
show problems and this is in a asynch forum area. My understanding that this
forum will be offered free until 2002. This site also offers shells for
online classes, which uses the same web rendering for math.

Our biggest problem with online classes for math is for someway for the
students to show their work in correct math symbols without having a long
workaround.

Lucy MacDonald
Online Faculty
Chemeketa Community College