I currently have a student who has extremely bad vision and is probably in
the same position.  Some of the modifications being made for her include
taping the class for her, developing larger print items for her and tutoring
when needed. I personally enlarge the things I give her, just changing the
type size in them to something she can read.  However, our Disabilities staff
enlarges some things by Xeroxing enlargements and sends her math text books
out to be enlarged. She knows how to enlarge items on the computer screen to
the point where she can see the material. I also have a friend who does
recordings for the blind and she has done some math and science texts. It
takes her a while to describe some of the pictures but it does get done.
This particular student usually needs print that is simple, rather than
ornate, and a minimum of a size 20 font, though most fonts require at least a
22.  Her best work is done with letters of about a half inch.  In addition, I
use the overhead projector to teach while using write-on transparencies.
After class, these transparencies can be copied and enlarged for her. It
takes a bit longer if they try to make color copies since I frequently use
color to show different parts of a problem but it can be done. If I'm lucky
enough to have a pad camera to use, I simply write big and give her the
originals.

I don't know if this will help but it might give you some ideas.

MaryLiz Pierce
GateWay Community College
Phoenix, AZ