>===== Original Message From Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
>

>--Our offices houses both learning assistance and disability services.  We
routinely hire classmates to duplicate their notes for disability students.
We encourage students to find their own notetakers because they often know
their classmates and will have some of the same notetakers from one semester
to the next. If a student doesn't know anyone in the class, the professor is
asked to make an announcement or suggest someone who looks like they take good
notes.  If the student doesn't work out, we replace them.  It usually works
just fine.  We pay for 2 hours a week because we are paying them for the time
it takes to duplicate them. They would be taking the notes anyway. Some
volunteer and it counts toward service hours.