Barbara,

I have been on a task force this year to work on online course evaluation.
First, there needs to be clarification. I am not talking about course
evaluation of a face to face class, given online. Instead I am working on
totally online courses and evaluation.

The big problem is not so much evaluation as to standards.  What are our
standards for online teaching and learning? Until we look at this, it is not
useful to look at course evaluation.

In my online study skills class, I have course evaluation that is given
anonymously.  I use the same questionnaire as I use in my face to face
classes. I actually get more useful feedback online, perhaps because students
can be more reflective.

Lucy MacDonald
Online Faculty
Chemeketa Community College