Ted --

    I don't have any K-12 anecdotes to tell but my solution has been to try
out these methods during summer session to work out any serious flaws in my
presentation in a condensed session where I get to know the students very
well. That way I also get a picture of just whom it helps the most. In
particular, I found that using NovaNET worked very well with my students with
limited English. They could take the time to check a dictionary for language
meanings.  They also could spend extra time on the language dependent areas.
This summer I wrote a note to one of my supervisors, who still uses chalk and
lecture format, telling all of the things I have learned, how much it helped
my students, and what my students said about it. I copied all those who
helped me and their supervisors as well as the Dean of Instruction. I also
sent a letter to the Dean praising the Learning Center personnel and their
supervisor -- telling how helpful their support was.  I find that trial
lessons, keeping everyone informed of the outcomes -- especially the positive
ones, and praising those who helped me publicly, goes very far in reducing
opposition.

MaryLiz Pierce