I find this site a bit disturbing.  On first glance, it seems to be a wonderful idea:  a place where students can provide information on courses and instructors anonymously.  Ideally, it would give constructive feedback for instructors to improve their methods and course design and help students find teachers who could meet their learning needs.

Unfortunately, a number of the reviews I read at the site seemed to be more malicious diatribe than impartial review or feedback:  "It's rumored he cried when _Ellen_ was canceled."  There is no warning on the site for students to consider that one person's opinion may not be the only opinion or that the survey hardly represents a scientific sample of the population of students taking any given course.  There is no guarantee that any of the information submitted by students is true.  All the reviews I read were reportedly written by students who got A's.  Hmm....  I wonder who would admit to anything less on a website read by millions, even anonymously.

Lisa Dague
Writing Center Manager
Utah Valley State College