To clarify the Awards announcement for Learning Support Center Web Site Excellence Awards, please note that only learning support centers are eligible.  Writing Centers, Math Centers, and Tutorial Centers are not eligible.

I hope that the relevant organizations for writing centers, math centers, science centers, and tutorial centers will sponsor their own awards program -- NCTE or CCCC for writing centers and the National Tutoring Association (NTA) for tutorial center web sites.

This program is for centers that are designated as learning centers AKA learning assistance centers, academic support centers, etc.. A long list of the names of such centers can be found on the Learning Support Centers in Higher Education at http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/~lsche/ in the section entitled: "About Learning Centers/

Collegially and regretfully........................

[log in to unmask]        "...what we need at this point in human
Frank L Christ                   evolution is to learn what it takes to learn
Emeritus, CSULB              what we should learn -- and learn it."
Visiting Scholar, U of AZ    ... Aurelius Peccei, Pres/Club of Rome
LSC & WI Web site:    http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/~lsche/