Florida Birders (again)-

I should have added a bit about the legal mumble-jumble.   Technically it
is still illegal to possess migratory birds or  bird parts under the
migratory bird treaty (which treats all US birds pretty much, except
introduced species) and under some state statutes without a salvage permit.
 We report all salvaged birds to the feds under our permits, but apparently
the donor is still supposed to contact the USFWS wildlife enforcement
before donating the specimen --- this is rarely done though.  The state
wildlife endforcemnt office does not seem to  want to handle the many calls
that would result from enforcing such a practice.

Andy Kratter

Dr. Andrew Kratter, Collections Manager- Ornithology
Florida Museum of Natural History
PO Box 117800
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611 USA