While at Apollo Beach today I saw 7 White Pelicans. Seems a little early for
this area.

Hi Ken,

We had White Pelicans up here all summer.  A hundred or more at St. Mark's
NWR.  In Sept. I saw them flying towards the west in flocks.  Then in Oct I
saw them returning in flocks of 100 or more.  It's been a crazy, erratic
year concerning this species, to say the least.  Occasionally a few summer,
but never in the numbers we had this year.  Seeing them heading back from
the west only two weeks after seeing them heading out to the west was
really strange.  TX has reported early flocks also.  Weird.       Jack

Jack Dozier
Alligator Pt., FL