I would appreciate it if someone could update me on status of
nesting/summering Painted Buntings in Brevard County.  When I lived in
DeLand in the late mid-1980's I was able to find them in old orange groves
on the west side of Hammock Road in the Mims area.  Are Painted Buntings
still nesting in this area, and are there regular nesting areas further
south than this?

Thanks in advance for any information about this subject.
Later...

Noel Wamer
[log in to unmask] http://www.badbirdz.com
Jacksonville, FL, US   30.2820 -81.4972
"A strange bird may cause a slight unrest until it is named..."
                                                        (Walker Percy)