Hi folks,

A Western Tanager was seen at Walsingham County Park, Largo, Pinellas County
by several birders today. The bird was found earlier in the day in a maple
swamp (dry right now) across the main park road from picnic shelter #6. Erik
Haney & I easily refound the bird at 5:00 pm in the same patch of maples
behind the oaks bordering the park road. We saw the bird numerous times in
the maples on the far side away from the park road. It was there when we
left at 5:15 (hated to rush away, but I had a prior commitment for the
evening.
Enter the park from 102nd avenue and continue on the park road following the
signs to shelter #6. Walk across the main park road, and look for the maple
swamp behind the oaks on your left.

Dave Goodwin
St. Petersburg, FL

"Quick Hoatzin, the game's afoot!"