The western Panhandle has been inundated with sightings of Clay-colored
Sparrows this season.  Close scrutiny of a potential Clay-colored by Lucy
and me this morning revealed a Spizella sparrow with all the field marks
of the Brewer's.  I found it on private property near our home,
inaccessible to the public.  Attempts to videotape it by Paul Blakeburn
were unsuccessful.  Birders should be aware of this potential new species
for the state. Any window or road kills of the Spizella complex should be
given immediately to a research institution (FSU, UF, Archbold Biological
Station, etc) holding specimen collections so that it may be studied
carefully and saved as  a specimen which will probably be necessary to
get this bird on the state list.  Bob Duncan.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.