At approximately 11 a.m. today (Tuesday 10/3), Dottie and I observed a pair
of Western Kingbirds at the Tram Road Wastewater Treatment Facility
(Southeast Farm).  The birds were almost at the south end of the paved
roadway on the east side of the original area.  They were insecting from
snags on both sides of the roadway and generally perching on open branches,
often in the sun.

We went from there to St. Marks NWR where we saw virtually nothing except one
immature Reddish Egret in the Lighthouse Pool and seven zillion dragonflies -
or, as some of us like to call them, "mosquito hawks".  They were all over
the refuge and neither one of us had ever seen so many in one area.

Keith and Dottie MacVicar
Tallahassee  FL
850/893-4840