Hi to all - 'specially the Gainesvillians:
   Sunday was the 'mini-jackpot' day at the observation platform.  The falcon
action started at around 9:30AM, where we had 15 falcons in 45 minutes (as
compared to 3 falcons in 6 hours the previous two days).   We had 4 merlins
drop in at 7:30AM - that was the total for the morning shift.  Our total
peregrine falcon count was 23 for our 6 hour shift.  Other interesting
migrating flocks listed below:
     white ibis (>250)
     great blue heron (~50)
     cormorants (100s in each  of several flocks)
     roseate spoonbills (25 from northerly direction)
     great egrets (~50)
     Northern flickers (6)
     Kingfishers (4)
     reddish egret (1 migrating with great blues)
     bobolinks
     bald eagle (imm.)
     Northern gannet (1 imm.)
     osprey (~60)
     blue w. teal (few)

  Hope some of you Duvalians and Gainesvillians will volunteer for next year!
 Always nice seeing you.
   Diane
diane reed
st. augustine, fl.