        I got out to Honeymoon Island SRA (north Pinellas) by 4 PM this afternoon and birded for a couple of hours before dark.  Interestingly, I did not see a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW, but I did see an immature WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW approximately 25 yards past the second crossover on the main "Osprey" trail.
        The Clay-colored found Saturday morning by Nelson/Blair was not in the same vicinity as was the one reported by Holland on Sunday.  So, was there two birds, or just one?
        There were loads of GRAY CATBIRDS along the trail with a few other highlights; ten EASTERN WOOD-PEWEEs, one RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, a MERLIN, two BLUE GROSBEAKS, six INDIGO BUNTINGS, and few other "expected types", i.e.; Black-and-white, Prairie, Pine, Palm, Ovenbird, and Common Yellowthroat (many).
        Before getting into my car to leave I stood at the "water hole" at the trail's head,  I counted 42 catbirds in the area at one time!

Ron Smith
St. Pete, FL