The winds that brought us birds the last two days had died down today, but still we had a good variety of migrants, perhaps held down by pre-dawn and early-morning showers.  The most interesting place continues to be the field next to the pump house (at the end of Hackberry Lane).  The Blue Grosbeaks feed in the tops of the Ragweed while small birds forage lower in the weedy growth.  This morning while we stood quietly watching the early morning activity, we almost missed a Rose-breasted Grosbeak feeding in the Ragweed next to us;  it paid no attention to us whatsoever --- we watched it for some time, then we backed away slowly so we wouldn't disturb this beautiful trusting bird.

14 warbler species:
8  Black-Throated Blue
5  N. Parula
4  Am. Redstart