From:   McLaughlin, Tim
Sent:   Thursday, October 19, 2000 11:52 AM
To:     ALL FACULTY
Subject:        Chronicle Advertisement - Dean for Academic Affairs,
Cazenovia College

Position: Dean for Academic Affairs
Institution: Cazenovia College
Location: NY
CAZENOVIA COLLEGE

DEAN FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS (Chief Academic Officer)

THE POSITION: Cazenovia College invites applications and nominations for the
position of Dean for Academic Affairs. Serving as Chief Academic Officer for
the College, the Dean reports directly to the President and is responsible
for all academic programming and for leading  the faculty in the
continued development of curriculum and instruction. A strong record of
proactive partnership between Academic Affairs and Student Development is
desired. The successful candidate must
document successes promoting (1) curricular and instructional development,
(2) team-building, (3) shared governance, (4) diversity, (5) faculty
development, (6) strategic planning, and (7) budget management. Applicants
must have an earned  doctorate or other terminal degree and present a record
of accomplishment as both a teacher and administrator.

THE COLLEGE: Founded in 1824, Cazenovia College is a four-year private
college for men and women with 950 students (750 full-time day students and
200 part-time/evening students). Located in Cazenovia, New York, 19 miles
southeast of Syracuse, the College offers a unique opportunity to the
individual looking to join an administration committed to building upon
Cazenovia's 176 year history to help secure an even brighter future for the
College.

APPLICATION: By November 10, candidates should submit (1) a letter of
application that addresses the position criteria outlined in this
announcement along with (2) a curriculum vitae and (3) the names, addresses,
phone numbers and e-mail addresses for at least five references to:

Dean for Academic Affairs Search
President's Office
Cazenovia College
22 Sullivan Street
Cazenovia, New York 13035

AA/EOE. Women and members of other traditionally underrepresented groups are
encouraged to apply.
Learn more about Cazenovia College <http://www.cazcollege.edu> by visiting
its home page.
From: The Chronicle of Higher Education, October 13, 2000

Timothy McLaughlin
Interim Dean for Academic Affairs
Professor of History
Cazenovia College, Cazenovia NY 13035
Phone: (315) 655-7244  Fax: (315) 655-2190
email: [log in to unmask]

Jane Neuburger
NYCLSA President
Assistant Professor, Reading, Writing, Tutoring
Center for Teaching & Learning
Cazenovia College
Cazenovia, NY 13035
(315) 655-7206