Good afternoon,
I am the Learning Center manager for Florida Community College at
Jacksonville, Kent Campus.  The college is putting together a comprehensive
plan to offer all academic student services on line for distance learning
students. This will include the Learning Center, which currently provides
one-one-one walk in academic tutoring services, computer tutorial access,
and regular internet/word-processing access  to enrolled students.  If your
college has a distance learning tutoring process in place, I would
appreciate knowing how you handle distance learning requests for academic
tutoring.  Do the staff in your Learning Centers answer this e-mail?  Do you
contract out the e-mail responsibilities?  Do you have a tutoring help
button your web site that refers students to outside tutoring help?
(possible list of sites)  Do you have chat rooms for certain disciplines?
Can a distance learning student log on to your school's server(s) and access
computer tutorial programs that you have  purchased? Do you contract out
distance learning tutoring? Have you put into place any other solutions that
might be useful to me to take back to the committee?  As you can see, I am
open to any suggestions, and I am very interested in what works for you.
Thank you in advance for any information.  I have been an interested
observer on this list for a year, and this is my first question.  My direct
e-mail is below if you would like to respond directly to me and not the
list.  Thank you.

Sibley Maddox, Learning Center Manager, Kent Campus
Florida Community College at Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida

Thank you. You may reach me at 904-381-3576 or [log in to unmask]