Dear Listservers,
  I am blessed with a technologically gifted writing tutor who has designed an excellent program for use as a database in our Writing Center.  He sends the following information for you:

"I'm a writing tutor for Lycoming College. I also play around with
programming for giggles, and as a consequence, I have made a handy
little program in Microsoft Access that help us with our record keeping
and information gathering. My program allows a user to keep records of
all the students. It has inputs for name, date, class year, reason for
tutoring, etc.
   What I think is really clever isn't the input though. The
output is what counts. I have set it up so that with the click of a
button a user can see the information in a number of ways. For example,
one could call up a screen showing how any students have been to the
center, call up information about an individual student, find out which
professors are getting more students to visit, break down information
from the total or by semester. There are several other functions I made,
and many more that could be added without a whole lot of difficulty.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Jane C. Keller
Academic Resource Center
Box 167 Lycoming College
Williamsport, PA 17701
570 321-4392

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/24/00 06:00AM >>>
I'm looking for recommendations for tutorial accounting software.
Any ideas out there? Thank you!

Laura J. Long, Director
Learning Center &
Adult and Continuing Education Departments
Mineral Area College
P. O. Box 1000
Park Hills, MO 63601
(573)518-2124