Here at U. of Idaho we use the condensed version of "Your College
Experience, Strategies for Success" (concise) by Gardner/Jewler.  It is
approximately 280 pages and can be purchased in a 3-hole punched version
as well.  It also comes with a good 90-day trial version of some good web
software.  They cover all of the study skills bases in the text as well as
some general transition issues like health, relationships, drugs, living
situations and teacher types.  We have pretty much tried them all through
the 11 years we've been doing our 2-credit 101 and find this one to suit
our needs the best so far.

        "You can accomplish a lot if you don't care
         who gets credit for it."    Myles Horton

Frankie Craig-Yockey
Assistant Director
Tutoring & Academic Assistance Center
University of Idaho