Dear Susan,
At the University of Maine, we only provide small group tutoring.  We just can'
t afford to provide one-on-one tutoring for the demand that we get.  We also li
mit tutoring to the entry level courses (100 & 200 level) so that we primarily
work with the 1st and 2nd year student.  Each group consists of four students,
all of whom are in the same course and have the same professor.  They meet the
same days and times each week throughout the semester.  All tutoring is done in
 classrooms as we do not have the facilities in our office to do so.  Tutoring
is conducted between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and 8:00 to 3
:00 p.m. on Fridays.  No tutoring is conducted on the weekends as either the
students or the tutors leave campus.  We use a computerized matching system and
 and we are a learning-to learn program.  It works quite well.  We need more pr
ofessional staff to keep up with the demand.  Hopefully, there will be another
aboard next year.

Hope this helps!
Ruth A. Doucette
Tutor Coordinator