I am looking for institutions which admit at-risk students into a summer
academic program with structured learning support.  If your institution has
such a program, please let me know - especially if your students are
primarily residential during the program and if regular student enrollment
during the summer is relatively light.

We will be reviewing our own program in the coming months, and one
important question is whether or not there are compelling reasons for
running such a program during the summer rather than the fall. In our own
case, there are relatively few regular students on campus and our at-risk
students are primarily residential.  Given that they are taking only two
courses over a more condensed term (6 weeks instead of 16), the summer does
not seem to be a very realistic context for developing their academic
skills and preparation.

I would appreciate your insights, as well as any appropriate references you
can give me.  Thank you!

Jim Melko
Director of Learning Assistance
Ryan C. Harris Learning-Teaching Center