Hi,
I ran into another problem lately that an instructor's signature would have
prevented.

First of all we are a two year community college, and students frequently
take classes at more than one college within the Twin Cities Area at the
same time.

A student called in requesting a tutor for logic, so I scheduled her session
over the phone.  Earlier this fall, she had been using a math tutor to
finish up an incomplete from this  past summer.  Her math tutor happened to
be sitting right here when I hung up the phone after speaking with the
student.  The tutor said, "She is not taking that class here on campus but
is attending a four year college near by."  When I approached her on the
subject that she wasn't attending logic class on campus, she became
irritated and asked when that became a policy to only tutor classes on our
campus.  She is taking a computer class here, so she felt she was entitled
to a logic tutor.

Susie, please send me one of your forms requesting info when they sign up
for tutoring, either via e-mail or snail mail.

Thanks,
LouAnn Oppitz
Peer Tutoring Coordinator
Inver Hills Community College