Date sent:              Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:52:04 -0500
From:                   Elizabeth Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Perceptions determine policies
To:                     [log in to unmask]
Send reply to:          Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals

Bush's quote about at-risk students shocked me too. He mentioned students
who are "at-risk," and then defined them as students who "can't learn."
This tells me a great deal about the man and his policies.
"The man who never alters his opinion is like standing
water, & breeds reptiles of the mind."
                             --William Blake
Robin Redmon Wright
Director of the Academic Assistance and Resource Ctr.
Stephen F. Austin State University
(409)468-1463