0100,0100,0100I, for one, would also sure like to hear from those of you who monitor athletic study tables. I second Lisa's question: What works? What doesn't? This is a new position for me here at USM and one of our two Learning Centers is actually housed in the Athletic Department. Although it is not a designated LC for just athletes, we do draw heavily on that population. It was decided long before I came here that the athletes would also do their "table time" in the same physical space as the tutorials. These tutors do not seem to mind, although I have mixed feelings as it seems to me that many of these athletes bring little or nothing to do. Some simply get on the Center computers (web--non-academic), so I wonder about the point. I also schedule tutor hours on Fridays very lightly since many athletes procrastinate their table time until week's end, taking up much of our space. Yes, I would LOVE to hear from those of you who closely work with Athletic departments. Thanks, Lisa, for bringing this topic up. Advise away! <<[log in to unmask]> if you do not wish to respond to the entire list. Elaine Wright, Director Dept.of Learning Assistance Division of Academic Support University of Southern Maine Portland, Maine 04104 Portland, ME (207) 780-4691