This is from the Internet Tourbus, my favorite e-newsletter and website.
Should be helpful for the last candidate debate!

Liz Dewey
Delta College

http://www.tourbus.com

------------------
The Debate Referee
------------------

I tend not to write about politics for an obvious reason: I don't like
to be flamed.  However, considering that the US presidential election
is only a few weeks away, the outcome of this election will have
international consequences, and the candidates are making so many
claims and counterclaims that it is easy to become confused, I am
going to temporarily break my "no political sites in TOURBUS" rule.

Tucked into a small corner of the Washington Post's "On Politics" site
is a wonderful resource called "The Debate Referee."  During each of
the presidential and vice presidential debates, Washington Post staff
writer Charles Babington, along with a team of other Post writers and
researchers, examines the candidates' debate night claims and charges,
telling you which are true and which are, in the immortal words of
Bill Gates, "hooey."

You can find the Washington Post's Debate Referee page at

<A
HREF="http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpolitics/elections/debateref2000.htm">

http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/onpolitics/elections/debateref2000.htm
</A>.

The Debate Referee page has the complete transcripts of the past two
presidential debates as well as the October 5 vice presidential
debate.  To view these transcripts, just click on the appropriate
links.

Embedded into each of the transcripts are little football referees
that point out places where a candidate makes a questionable claim or
charge.  Click on the referee and a JavaScript pop-up window will
appear, the text of which either supports or refutes the candidate's
claims.  It is a cool way to see who's right and who isn't.

If you don't have time to browse through the complete transcript of
the debates, you can jump straight to a questionable claim or charge
straight from The Debate Referee page.  This will make a little more
sense when you visit The Debate Referee page, but when you click on a
particular claim or charge, you are immediately taken to the part of
that debate's transcript where the claim or charge was made.  Then,
just click on the referee icon to see if what the candidates said was
true.

Unfortunately, the Commission on Presidential Debates decided that
only the democratic and republican candidates would be allowed in the
debates, so The Debate Referee page doesn't say much about any of the
third party candidates.  Still, the Washington Post's Debate Referee
page is an amazing resource to help you analyze the US presidential
debates.  And it is also going to be a good place to turn late Tuesday
night or early Wednesday morning to verify all of the claims that will
be made in Tuesday's debate between George W. Bush and Al Gore.  :)