Delta College is a commuter community college with athletes involved in
soccer (men's), volleyball (women's) and basketball (men's and women's).
The team coaches require the freshman athletes and those athletes with less
than a 2.0 gpa to spend 6 hours a week in our Teaching/Learning Center.
The athletes can spend this time at our tables during any of our operating
hours (M-R 7:30am-9:50pm, F 7:30am-3:50pm, Sat 10am-3:50pm, & Sun
1-6:50pm).  We log them in via a coding system and give the coaches weekly
reports of the participating athletes.  Students may request tutoring help
or work on self-study.

We have had some discipline problems (i.e. athletes being signed in and
then disappearing for a long time, athletes going down to the computer lab
while being signed in for T/LC time, etc), which we have discussed with the
coaches.  This program is constantly being revised and improved.  So far it
is working rather well.