Harold and Joan Herber in Teaching in Content Areas with Reading, Writing, and Reasoning (1993) have a chapter on reading comprehension that describes levels of comprehension:  literal, interpretive, and applied.  The last two levels are inferential.  They provide instruction for the design of "comprehension levels guides" and example guides.  Perhaps this is what you are seeking.

Winifred B. Cooke
University of Florida

KATHLEEN RIEHLE wrote:

--=====================_9106771==_.ALT

Hi group,

Along with our discussion of inferences, I would like to find some
resources that discuss inference types. The Journal of Reading ( pp.
564-565, 1993) includes an article that reports on a effective strategy for
teaching inferential comprehension but fails to explain the differing
inference types. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Katy

Hi group, <br>
Along with our discussion of inferences, I would like to find some
resources that discuss inference types. <i>The Journal of Reading </i>(
pp. 564-565, 1993) includes an article that reports on a effective
strategy for teaching inferential comprehension but fails to explain the
differing inference types. Any ideas?<br>
Thanks, <br>
Katy</html>