> In view of the recent political discussion, I thought you might enjoy
these.

But take them with a grain of salt.  The ones below are on a CD I have
which includes a list of "Dan Quayleisms." Obviously the two men did not
say the exact same words.  Of particular note are the comments
attributed to "Governor George. W. Bush, Jr." in 1993.  He was elected
governor of Texas in 1994.

Prof. Eric Kaljumagi
LAC/Math
Mt. San Antonio College

> "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." ... George W. Bush,
Jr.

> "Mars is essentially in the same orbit ... Mars is somewhat the same
distance
> from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where
there are
> canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is
oxygen.
> If oxygen, that means we can breathe." ... Governor George W. Bush,
Jr.,
> 8/11/94
>
> "The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean
in this
> century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in
this
> century." ... Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/15/95
>
> "I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and
democracy
> -- but that could change." ... Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/22/98
>
> "Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." ... Governor George
W.
> Bush, Jr.,11/30/96
>
> "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in
the
> future." Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
>
> "We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a
firm
> commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." ... Governor George W.
Bush,
> Jr.
>
> "Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having
> it."... Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/20/96
>
> "We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
> ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/22/97
>
> "For NASA, space is still a high priority." ... Governor George W.
Bush, Jr.,