look, I'm no fan of Bush's, but let's not get out of hand here.  He said that
the at-risk students at the school to which he was referring were mostly
Hispanic, and he said that the epithet 'at-risk' is taken to mean that the
students can't learn.  Even coming from him, you could hear the scare
quotes-- he was indicting the educational category 'at-risk'.

There are lots of reasons (I think) to not like Bush, burt this just isn't
one of them.

..dave

--
David Shein