Are you serious?!  This comment sounds like a Gary Trudeau parody.  There is a
very clear connection between the election process and the work we do in
educational institutions.  For one thing, citizens are stakeholders in
education, and we are, in addition to our role as professionals, citizens.
This is not a moderated (censored) list, and the election is important to us,
if only because the future of educational programs like TRIO, Title III, FIPSE
and others rests on the philosophy of the candidate who is elected.  The First
Amendment guarantees us the right to discuss, debate, and disagree.  It doesn't
say "at the pleasure of others."
Mary Leslie