Good morning.
Can anyone on this list tell him how to unsubscribe?
It will be greatly appreciated.
Stan

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/04/00 08:17AM >>>
I could use this, too.  Please post to the list!
Robin

Date sent:              Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:38:52 -0400
From:                   Laura Symons <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Fact/Inference Exercise
To:                     [log in to unmask]
Send reply to:          Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals

Hi folks!

Some years ago, I used a fact/inference exercise with students when I was working with them on critical thinking for composition.  I feel the need to reintroduce the distinction to my first-year students this year.  Does anyone have or know where I can find a nifty little exercise that will
impress the students with the difference between the two?

Thanks for all the help and support you so graciously supply.

Laura
"The man who never alters his opinion is like standing
water, & breeds reptiles of the mind."
                             --William Blake
Robin Redmon Wright
Director of the Academic Assistance and Resource Ctr.
Stephen F. Austin State University
(409)468-1463