11/13, 9:35-10:15 am
16th Avenue South - Jacksonville Beach

Good flights of ducks this morning, especially Black Scoters, and my first
loons of the season.  Interestingly, many ducks were northbound.  Still few
gannets, which should not be surprising as the bulk population seems to be
just passing the middle Atlantic states, from which I have seen several
reports in the thousands from this past weekend.  Some numbers are given as
number of flocks/total count of individuals.

Common Loon - 2
Northern Gannet - 12
Double-crested Cormorant - 2/10
northbound scaup sp. - 2/45
Black Scoter - 3/100 (southbound)
southbound duck sp. - 3/27
northbound duck sp. - 3/115 (probably mostly scaup)
Later...

Noel Wamer
[log in to unmask] http://www.badbirdz.com
Jacksonville, FL, US   30.2820 -81.4972
"A strange bird may cause a slight unrest until it is named..."
                                                        (Walker Percy)