Today (11/02/00) I saw my first movement of southbound gannets off
Jacksonville Beach.  Between 10:10 and 10:40 am I observed a total of
19.  The largest flock was eight.  Zero ducks today, but there was a
movement of Great Blue Herons.  Nine, eight in one flock and a
single.  Still no jaegers.  BTW, although most of the gannets were quite a
ways off-shore, but none were displaying any political preferences that I
could discern even at 60X.

It looks like weather conditions will not be good for near-shore migration
for the next ten days, based upon a review current weather models.  Ho-hum...
Later...

Noel Wamer
[log in to unmask] http://www.badbirdz.com
Jacksonville, FL, US   30.2820 -81.4972
"A strange bird may cause a slight unrest until it is named..."
                                                        (Walker Percy)