Since I have received several requests for information about Budgies in
Hernando County recently, I am posting information about the site in
Hernando Beach.

There are Budgies in Hernando Beach, Hernando County, Florida.  When
looking for Budgerigars, it is important to drive with the windows down and
listen for their parrot-like chatter.  Budgies are often seen on the power
lines, but can also be found feeding on the ground.

In Hernando County from the intersection to US-19 and SR-50 (Weeki Wachee),
head west on Cortez Boulevard, CR-550, about 3.5 miles, and turn left on
Shoal Line Boulevard, CR-597.  In 4.8 miles, turn right on Gulfview Dr. and
go to the end, and turn left onto Gulf Winds Circle and continue around to
the right.  On Gulf Winds we have found Budgies on the left side of the
street at various spots along the street.  Sometimes they are perched on
the wires with Starlings, and sometimes they are in the trees.

Another group is often on Flamingo Blvd., particularly in a vacant lot
across the street from the house at 3538 Flamingo.

Other Budgies can be seen by driving all the side streets in the area
between the gulf and Calienta Street, from Eagle Nest Drive on the north to
Gulfview Drive on the south.

(The above is where the Budgies have been fairly reliable in recent
months.  However yesterday, Oct. 31, at 10:30, we didn't find them at
either Gulf Winds Circle or the vacant lot across from 3538 Flamingo.  We
did find about 12 Budgies feeding on the ground in a vacant lot, that will
soon have construction, between 3178 and 3189 Flamingo, near the
intersection with Flowerwood.  This just underscores the need to cruise the
neighborhood if you don't succeed initially.)

If you want me to send you a map of the Hernando Beach streets, please send
me your mailing address.

Please note new e-mail address.

Bev Hansen
Spring Hill, Florida