Various commitments have kept me too busy over the past few weeks to do
much seawatching, but I made it down to Jax Beach for about twenty minutes
of observation at mid-morning today (11/30/00).  I saw five Pomarine
Jaegers in spite of poor visibility due to light conditions and bad surface
refraction.  A group of three was too far out to make much of other than
they were larger than Laughing Gulls they were chasing.  Two closer singles
appeared to be a winter adult and a fairly dark immature.  I expect that
the local wintering jaegers are in for the season, and that both Pomarines
and Parasitics should be observable through March, as they were last year.
For further information on seeing jaegers off northeast Florida, you are
invited to view:
http://www.badbirdz.com/seawatchIndex.htm
Later...

Noel Wamer
[log in to unmask] http://www.badbirdz.com
Jacksonville, FL, US   30.2820 -81.4972
"A strange bird may cause a slight unrest until it is named..."
                                                        (Walker Percy)