Nov. 1, 2000 10:15-10:45 am
16th Avenue South, Jacksonville Beach

After several weeks of fruitless seawatches I finally saw something worth
reporting.  Seven Black Scoters flew in from the north and settled on the
ocean several hundred yards offshore.  So far this fall I have seen only a
handful of ducks migrating offshore.  At this time last year they were
already passing in the hundreds.  No sign of migrating gannets yet either,
just a single immature foraging on several days.
Later...

Noel Wamer
[log in to unmask] http://www.badbirdz.com
Jacksonville, FL, US   30.2820 -81.4972
"A strange bird may cause a slight unrest until it is named..."
                                                        (Walker Percy)