Vincent Lucas requested some specific directions to the Viera Wetlands and
Duda Ponds.  Here they are:

In the DeLorme atlas, the site is at the western edge of page 88 halfway
between B and C.  You take route 509 (Wickham Road) west from I-95.  This
I-95 exit is the second exit north of Route 192 and the second exit south of
Route 520.  Go west on Wickham Road and immediately pass a fast food and
motel entrance.  Continue west past a road which goes to the Brevard County
Government Complex.  You will come to a big STOP sign which says you are
entering private Duda land;  we have been told by the Brevard County Waste
Water folks that it is OK to go past this sign, but you are not supposed to
stop along the road or turn off of it until you come to the Waste Water
buildings
at the end of the road.The front door to the offices is obvious; park and go
in to
sign a sheet for access to the wetlands.  After signing, continue west a
short
distance to a little parking lot next to some new dikes.  This whole area is
new,
only open a month or so, with some construction still going on.  At this
time you
are not permited to drive on the dikes;  you need to walk, carrying your
scope, or use bicycles.  You may drive along the dead-end dirt road at the
north side of the dikes, next to the fence separating the wetlands from the
Duda sod farms.

The so-called Duda Ponds (part of the waste water treatment system) have
been in place several years.  There are twoponds, immediately north of the
 waste water building.  Go back 100 yards or so toward I-95, then turn left,
 crossing a ditch, then go through a gate (may be closed but not locked)
 and uphill to the dikes around the twoponds.  You are permitted to drive
 on these dikes.

Bill Hills