Sorry for not posting the directions in my last E-mail:
    The Viera STP Wetlands is a new area that just opened up about a month
ago, at this time it has not matured and they are still doing some plantings.
 It promises to be a great area in the future, but even now it is looking
pretty good.  The ponds have been in operation for some time, and continue to
produce some good birds.
    To enter the wetlands or the ponds you MUST sign in at the SPT office.
    Directions:  Take I-95, exit at exit 73, go west.  Go straight west, no
turns for about two miles or so to the STP on the left.  Sign in at the
office, as you leave the office look to your left (west) you will see the
dikes in the distance.  Drive toward the dikes and there is a parking lot on
the left.  Park there, you are NOT allowed to drive the dikes.
......................  To get to the ponds, after leaving the sign in go to
the right, and back on the road you entered from.  Make your first left at
the dirt road by the power lines, then to the left, and a right at the gate.
The gate has a sign telling you to sign.  The gate will should be closed, but
not locked.  You can drive around the two ponds, but you are not allowed to
drive the dike between the ponds.
    I hope that this is clear..............sorry for not posting the
directions in my original post.

Dick Novier
Palm Bay FL