Wally George just called to report seeing 3 Greater White-fronted Geese at
the Viera Sewage Treatment Palnt wetlands in Brevard County. I have copied
Dick Novier's directions to the wetlands below. The 3 geese were in the SW
corner of the first island you see after you walk up the dike from the
parking area.
.
    To enter the wetlands or the ponds you MUST sign in at the SPT office.
    Directions:  Take I-95, exit at exit 73, go west.  Go straight west, no
turns for about two miles or so to the STP on the left.  Sign in at the
office, as you leave the office look to your left (west) you will see the
dikes in the distance.  Drive toward the dikes and there is a parking lot on
the left.  Park there, you are NOT allowed to drive the dikes.
......................  To get to the ponds, after leaving the sign in go to
the right, and back on the road you entered from.  Make your first left at
the dirt road by the power lines, then to the left, and a right at the gate.
The gate has a sign telling you to sign.  The gate should be closed, but
not locked.  You can drive around the two ponds, but you are not allowed to
drive the dike between the ponds.

Dotty Hull
Port St. Lucie, FL