After a bit of a wait (about 12:10 PM ) (and a loaf of bread for chumming)
the Heermann's Gull came in for a rest on the beach near the pier closest
to the Fort.  It was hanging out with other gulls, terns, pelicans and
shorebirds, and had spent some time offshore feeding by an earlier report.
I was able to relocate the Slaneys to come back for the bird, and hope the
Mansfields spotted it later.  If it had shown up much later, I would have
missed it, as I had an appointment with a turkey later in the day.

I didn't see the Scissortail, but another party reported seeing it earlier
in the day on the wires.

Carol Paine
Orlando, FL