Near Gulf Blvd and 183 Ave N, behind the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary:

FRANKLIN'S GULL
weird laughing gull with orange on bill and legs

Redington Towers on northern most tower:
peregrine falcon

Cut/pasted directions:
Take I275, exit 15 west.  This road has several names as you travel
west:  rt 694/gandy blvd/park blvd/74th ave.  You will reach
Gulf blvd, almost immediately after crossing a drawbridge.  You want to
turn
left(south) onto Gulf blvd and get into the right hand lane.  There is
on street
parking on the right(west) side of Gulf blvd, between 183 ave and 183
terrace.  I usually park as close to 183 ave as I can.  Walk down 183
ave and you
will see a paved path for beach access.  Note what the buildings look
like, so you
can easily find your way back.  Once on the beach, walk right(north) up
the beach.  The Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary, where a Franklin's stayed
last year, is the property just north of the rope draped like a chain.

Redington Towers is on the gulf side of Gulf Blvd, just south of 181
Ave.

judy

--
Judy Fisher