Hi all,

Last night, I saw "our" Vermillion flycatcher back at her usual spot at T.M. Goodwyn Waterfowl Management Area in the SW corner of Brevard County.  To reach Goodwyn from the north, exit I-95 at Malabar Rd. (exit 70) and go south about 13 miles.  Turn right after crossing the C54 canal (follow the Stick Marsh signs.)  Drive 6.3 miles along the canal road to the parking lot for the Stick Marsh.  From the south exit at CR512 (Fellsmere Road, Exit 69) and head west to Fellsmere.  Turn right at the first flashing light and follow the signs to Stick Marsh.  During the day, you can drive across the canal and park at the office buildings.  When you cross the canal, you make a left and then a right.  You should see the buildings ahead on your left.  On the right side of the office buildings, there is a road going straight west.  Walk down it for a mile and check the wires around the pump station.  This is also and excellent area for Purple gallinule and American bittern.  Caracaras are frequently seen.  The parking lot is fairly good for Barn owl and Yellow-crowned night heron at dusk.

David Simpson
Sebastian, FL